by Dr. Sarah Payne, DLINQ Instructional Designer
Like many people, […]
- Take steps to reduce your online carbon footprint.
- Educate your students about the impacts of data usage. Consider low-tech options for class content and activities.
- Find out if you live near a data center.
- Become involved in local politics. What are the environmental issues facing your community and how can you help?
- Big Data, Big Waste? A Reflection on the Environmental Sustainability of Big Data Initiatives, Federica Lucivero
- Data in the Dark: How Big Tech Secretly Secured $800 Million in Tax Breaks for Data Centers, David Jeans (Forbes)
- Bitcoin Uses More Electricity than Many Countries. How is that Possible?, Jon Huang, Claire O’Neill, and Hiroko Tabuchi (NYT)
- Clicking Clean: A Guide to Building the Green Internet (Greenpeace)