GoReact is an interactive cloud-based platform for feedback, grading, and critiquing of student video assignments.
Instructors create the video assignments. Students upload or record their video submissions. Instructors and/or peers then leave time-coded text, video, or audio feedback. Assignments are graded using easily-customized rubrics or points. Reports allow you to track and measure student progress. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to use and the impact it has on student skill improvement.
GoReact can be used for improving any skill that can be captured on video or audio, and has been used for language learning, language interpretation, ASL, speech and debate, teacher development, clinical training, and performing arts learning.
GoReact is integrated into Canvas, and assignments can be designed there that are tied to the gradebook.
All Middlebury faculty, staff, and students have access to GoReact. Instructors: when you set up your course in GoReact, please note that you will need to choose whether you want to create your GoReact assignments within Canvas, or separately at goreact.com. Note: these two options are on separate platforms and do NOT communicate with each other. So, if you create an assignment at goreact.com, it will not show up in Canvas, and Canvas GoReact assignments cannot be accessed by logging into goreact.com.
To login for the first time as an instructor:
- Using Canvas: create a GoReact assignment in Canvas (see step-by-step instructions below on how to do this) and you will be prompted to enter your Middlebury SSO details on first assignment setup.
- Using goreact.com: go to https://get.goreact.com/sign-up-select/ and sign up using your Middlebury email.
Reminder: GoReact assignments set up in Canvas cannot be accessed through goreact.com, and assignments set up directly at goreact.com cannot be imported into a Canvas course. So you will need to choose one or the other when you set up your course. We do not recommend using both platforms for the same course (i.e., you should create your course and all GoReact assignments for that course either within Canvas itself, or directly at goreact.com).
Create a Canvas Assignment
- Create an assignment in Canvas.
- Change the “Submission Type” to “External Tool.”
- Click “Find” and select the GoReact app.
- Finish the assignment setup, then choose “Save” or “Save and Publish.”
- Open the assignment and choose a GoReact assignment type OR choose a previous assignment to copy.
- Select any additional GoReact settings for your assignment and click “Done.”
More on creating an assignment
NOTE: When you create GoReact content in Canvas, you don’t need to invite your students to register separately for GoReact. All they will need to do is open a GoReact assignment in Canvas and they will be able to submit their videos.
Troubleshooting & Help