Start Working With Us
We are a cross-institutional, consultation-based office, working with faculty, staff, and students.
Use the scheduler below to set up a 30 minute in person or online consultation with a member of our team. Please be patient while the system loads.
Our consultative services are available both online and on campus (either in Middlebury or Monterey). Use the scheduler below to set up a 30 minute, design-based consultation with a member of our team. During your consultation, we’ll talk about what you’re working on and what your goals are. We can help you think this through, identify digital tools that support your academic or professional goals, and show you how to leverage those tools to support your work.
Time zones: Our system automatically localizes to your device’s time zone. You should see your time zone reflected just below the scheduler menu bar, and you can adjust it as needed. Booking confirmation messages will reflect your time zone.
Consultation categories include: Digital Pedagogy & Instructional Tools, Online Presence, Presentation & Graphic Design, Multimedia Production, Emerging Technologies, Software for Your Class
Before you schedule a consultation, you may be able to find the answer to your question in one of our self-paced resources:
- DLINQ tool shed—informational and how-to tutorials for resources available at Middlebury and online
- DLINQ faculty tech orientation modules—an online guide to technology resources that can aid your teaching at Middlebury
- Canvas Guides & Canvas Tier 1 support (available within Canvas) under the “Help” tab
- Course Hub Guides—help for common Course Hub tasks and features
- Lynda—video-based online resource for learning software and skill-building
Contact another department for...
Questions outside of DLINQ’s scope and mission usually are best solved by either:
- ITS/HelpDesk (College / Schools | Institute)
- Media Services (College | Institute)
- Communications (College | Institute)
Topics that other departments can assist you with may include:
- Login/usage challenges related to academic cyberinfrastructure such as Office 365 and Email (ITS)
- Password reset, Trouble connecting to wifi (ITS)
- Questions covered in the ITS Wiki (ITS)
- Data flow/breakages from Banner to Course Hub (ITS)
- Classroom hardware such as computer and projectors, and related support (Media Services)
- Program-level marketing or outreach to prospective students (Communications)
Schedule a Consultation
powered by Simplybook.me
You’ll find descriptions of each consultation (service) category after you choose an on-campus or online location. After you select a consultation category, you’ll see a list of of our team members that you can meet with. We all have different skills and expertise, so make sure you click “Read more” under each team member’s name so you can connect with the best person for your needs. Relatedly, the best person for you to meet with may not be be based on your campus. When you choose to meet via Zoom (instead of on-campus), you get access to our full team. Click here for more detailed instructions on how to use our appointment system.
Detailed Instructions for Using the Consultation System
- When using our booking system, do not use the “back” button in your browser if you need to go back a step. Instead, choose the step you want to return to from the menu bar (location -> service -> service provider -> time -> client details).
- The majority of our services are available via Zoom and and on campus. However, there are a few campus-specific resources you can book through our system, so you’ll start by choosing a location: online or on campus in Middlebury or Monterey.
- Then, select a service (consultations or space reservations/orientations). For each service, click “Read more” to view a description of each offering.
- Next, you’ll see a list of DLINQ team members who offer the service you selected. To select the right DLINQ team member, click “Read more” under each name to see their specialties.
- Then, you’ll be able to book a half hour slot from the provided availability.
- Time zones: Our system automatically localizes to your device’s time zone. You should see your time zone reflected just below the scheduler menu bar, and you can adjust it as needed. Booking confirmation messages will reflect your time zone.
- Before you finalize your consultation booking, you’ll be asked to provide some additional information. After completing your booking, you’ll receive a confirmation email specifying the location of your meeting (either a Zoom URL or an office on campus).
Online Consultations (held via Zoom)
- When you book a Zoom consultation, information on how to connect via Zoom will be included in your confirmation booking email.
- To get familiarized with Zoom, and to learn more about meaningful and effective distance collaboration practices, see this resource: https://dlinq.middcreate.net/portfolio/zoom-video-conference-tool/
- For Zoom consultations, you’ll need a device (with the Zoom app installed), microphone, speaker, webcam, headphones, and a stable internet connection. We recommend Zooming from a private, quiet location.
- When you book an on-campus consultation, specific location information will be included in your confirmation booking email. Below is some general information about our Monterey locations.
- At MIIS, DLINQ staff work out of the Digital Learning Commons (DLC). The DLC has multiple locations in McGowan: The Design Space, the Learning Lab, and offices on the second floor. All on-campus appointments and drop-in visits should report to the Learning Lab unless otherwise notified. Learning Lab Hours are Monday - Friday, 10 am - 5 pm (Pacific).
- The Design Space is McGowan 001, which is most directly accessed at 420 Calle Principal. It can also be accessed by walking through the Learning Lab and down the steps.
- The Learning Lab is on the first floor of McGowan, and you can reach it by entering McGowan on Pacific Street and heading to the right (around the back of McGowan 102). You can also enter at 420 Calle Principal and go up the stairs.
- DLC full-time staff offices are in MG 220.
Middlebury College Campus
- When you book an on-campus consultation, specific location information will be included in your confirmation booking email. Below is some general information about our drop-in space on the College campus.
- The Wilson Media Lab is located in the Davis Family Library. Click here for hours.
If you're interested in becoming involved in, or learning more about, any of our initiatives and projects, if you have a proposal for a workshop, or if you have a general question that is not answered on our website, send us an email to dlinq [at] middlebury [dot] edu. We're excited to hear from you!