Book a Consultation
Use the scheduler to book a consultation with a DLINQ team member. You can book a consultation with a DLINQ staff member to learn more about digital pedagogy and learning space design. Or, you can book a consultation with a DLINQ intern for digital tools training and support. Click "Read more" under each category to see detailed descriptions.
After choosing a category, you'll see a list of DLINQ team members with whom you can schedule. We all have different skills and expertise, so be sure to click “Read more” under each name to find the best match for you. We have staff and interns based in Vermont and in Monterey, and the best person to help may not necessarily be based on your campus. Our staff offer consultations on-campus and online via Zoom, as do interns based in Monterey. Please note that interns based at Middlebury College are only available to meet on-campus.
If you already know which DLINQ team member you want to meet with, book a consultation directly with them.
Setting up consultations
During your consultation, we’ll discuss your ideas and questions, and help identify digital tools that support your academic or professional goals.
Location: Consultations are available online (via Zoom) or on campus. You'll specify your location preference at the end of the booking process. Location details will be included in the confirmation email message you receive after booking. Keep in mind, we have staff and interns based in Vermont and in Monterey, but the best person to help with your question may not necessarily be based on your campus. You can verify which campus each DLINQer is based on, as well as their expertise and skill set, by clicking “Read more” under their name.
Time zones: Our system automatically localizes to your time zone. You should see your time zone reflected below the scheduler menu bar. Booking confirmation messages will reflect your time zone.
Select a categories: digital pedagogy and learning space design, digital tools training and support
You may be able to find the answer to your question(s) in one of our self-paced resources:
- DLINQ tool shed—information and how-to tutorials for resources available at Middlebury and online
- DLINQ faculty tech orientation—a step-by-step guide to tech resources for teaching at Middlebury
- Canvas Guides & Canvas Tier 1 support under the “Help” tab
- Course Hub Guides—help for common Course Hub tasks and features
- Lynda—video-based online learning resource for software and skill-building
Questions outside of DLINQ’s scope may be solved by:
Topics that other departments can assist with include:
- Login/usage challenges related to tools such as Office 365 and email (ITS)
- Password reset, connecting to wifi (ITS)
- Data flow issues from Banner to Course Hub (ITS)
- Classroom hardware and related support (Media Services)
- Program-level outreach to prospective students (Communications)
Detailed instructions for using the consultation system
- When using our booking system, do not use the “back” button in your browser if you need to go back a step. Instead, choose the step you want to return to from the menu bar (consultation -> DLINQ team member -> time -> client details).
- The majority of our services are available via Zoom and and on campus. However, interns based at Middlebury College are only available on-campus, not via Zoom.
- Select a service (consultations or space reservations/orientations). For each service, click “Read more” to view a description of each offering.
- Next, you’ll see a list of DLINQ team members who offer the service you selected. To select the right DLINQ team member, click “Read more” under each name to see their specialties.
- Then, you’ll be able to book 60 minute slot from the provided availability.
- Time zones: Our system automatically localizes to your device’s time zone. You should see your time zone reflected just below the scheduler menu bar, and you can adjust it as needed. Booking confirmation messages will reflect your time zone.
- Before you finalize your consultation booking, you’ll be asked to provide some additional information, including your preference to meet on-campus or online. After completing your booking, you’ll receive a confirmation email specifying the location of your meeting (either a Zoom URL or an office on campus).
Online consultations (held via Zoom)
- When you book a Zoom consultation, information on how to connect via Zoom will be included in your confirmation booking email.
- To get familiarized with Zoom, and to learn more about meaningful and effective distance collaboration practices, see this resource: https://dlinq.middcreate.net/portfolio/zoom-video-conference-tool/
- For Zoom consultations, you’ll need a device (with the Zoom app installed), microphone, speaker, webcam, headphones, and a stable internet connection. We recommend Zooming from a private, quiet location.
- When you book an on-campus consultation, specific location information will be included in your confirmation booking email. Below is some general information about our Monterey locations.
- At MIIS, DLINQ staff work out of the Digital Learning Commons (DLC). The DLC has multiple locations in McGowan: The Design Space, the Learning Lab, and offices on the second floor. All on-campus appointments and drop-in visits should report to the Learning Lab unless otherwise notified. Learning Lab Hours are Monday - Friday, 10 am - 5 pm (Pacific).
- The Design Space is McGowan 001, which is most directly accessed at 420 Calle Principal. It can also be accessed by walking through the Learning Lab and down the steps.
- The Learning Lab is on the first floor of McGowan, and you can reach it by entering McGowan on Pacific Street and heading to the right (around the back of McGowan 102). You can also enter at 420 Calle Principal and go up the stairs.
- DLC full-time staff offices are in MG 220.
Middlebury College Campus
- When you book an on-campus consultation, specific location information will be included in your confirmation booking email. Below is some general information about our drop-in space on the College campus.
- The Wilson Media Lab is located in the Davis Family Library. Click here for hours.
If you're interested in becoming involved in, or learning more about, any of our initiatives and projects, if you have a proposal for a workshop, or if you have a general question that is not answered on our website, send us an email to dlinq [at] middlebury [dot] edu. We're excited to hear from you!