Upcoming Events—Save the Date
Written by Evelyn Helminen
DLINQ has several online events coming up. Keep reading for more details.
Looking for strategies to support the diverse learning needs that students bring to your classroom? In this session, we’ll use Universal Design for Learning as a framework to explore ways of using digital media and digital technologies to design assignments that account for learner variability and promote the success of all learners. We’ll also work together to identify barriers that might exist in our own assignments and address those barriers using the UDL principles.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
1:30-2:30 am PT | 4:30-5:30 pm ET
online via via Zoom
Four Moves and a Habit for Addressing Web Pollution
The web is polluted. In this session, you will learn Four Moves and a Habit—a set of strategies to help you detect and debunk misinformation on the web. These strategies will help you to become a more deft web citizen and can be tied into classroom-based activities you can use to teach students how to be better citizens on the web.
Friday, October 19, 2018
1:30-2:30 pm PT | 4:30-5:30 pm ET
online via via Zoom
Welcome Fall 2018 DLINQ Interns
This week will feature two DLINQ Interns on the Middlebury campus. Interns divide their time into three areas of work:
- Lab support for Wilson Media Lab (Middlebury) and Digital Learning Commons (Monterey)
- In-person and online consultations with other students, faculty, and staff
- DLINQ project work
Fayza is a Lead DLINQ Intern pursuing a degree in Film and Media Culture at Middlebury College. Fayza was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh but currently resides in Oberlin, Ohio. During her free time she enjoys dancing, reading, and creating ceramics at the campus’s pottery studio.
She is available for consultations in areas including:
- Video Editing (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, iMovie, Sony Vegas)
- Visual Effects and Animation (After Effects, Blender)
- Video Coloring (DaVinci Resolve)
- Sound/ Audio Editing (Garageband, Audacity)
- Media Publication (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office Tools (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Web Development (WordPress, Scalar)
VERONICA ESTUDILLO VALESCO
Veronica is a DLINQ Intern at Middlebury College pursuing degrees in Economics and Computer Science. Through her experiences as a DLINQ Intern, she hopes to combine her passions of economics and technology using the multitude of resources and opportunities that digital media has to offer. During her free time Veronica enjoys swimming, hiking, and reading.
She’s available for consultations in areas including:
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere and iMovie)
- WordPress website design
- Podcasts and audio content creation
- Canvas from a student perspective
Did you know?
Volcanic soil is among the most fertile on Earth.