Pressbooks is an easy-to-use book production software that lets you create a book in all the formats you need to publish. You can use Pressbooks to author and publish textbooks, scholarly monographs, syllabi, manuals, fiction and non-fiction books, white papers, and much more in multiple formats including:
- MOBI (for Kindle ebooks)
- EPUB (for all other ebookstores)
- designed PDF (for print-on-demand and digital distribution)
If you are new to working with Pressbooks, the Pressbooks User Guide is a great place to start.
Your book creation process will look something like this:
- Sign-up for Pressbooks. You will have the option to create a book right away.
- Add book information. You can include a title, author, language, book description, and more.
- Start building your book by writing, formatting, and adding media. Use the Authoring Dashboard to start writing.
- Choose a theme for your book. There are 21 different themes with different typefaces, colors, and styles to explore.
- You will have the option to export your book in 10+ formats.
You may also want to view the “Introduction to Pressbooks” video.
If you are having issues registering for an account, contact DLINQ.
For pedagogical support for Pressbooks, schedule a consultation with a DLINQ team member.