Zoom Against the Machine Cryptoparty, Wednesday, February 17, 2021
February 17, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST
Love it or hate it, we all have to use Zoom right now. Why not learn how to make it better?
DLINQ invites you to the Zoom Against the Machine cryptoparty. Participants can choose to attend two of three 20-minute sessions related to the following topics:
- Acquire Skills: Still not sure how Zoom works? Attend a basic skills workshop to learn about all of the platform’s functionalities
- Build Fluency: Learn about Zoombombing and how to prevent it.
- Create Community: Discuss how to set group norms, ice breakers, and strategies to improve the zoom experience for everybody
- Dream Better: If you could add one feature to Zoom what would it be and why? Group ideation session
In order to accommodate our global community, we’ve decided to host this cryptoparty twice:
- Wednesday Feb. 17, from 4:00-5:30pm PT / 5:00-6:30pm MT / 6:00-7:30pm CT / 7:00-8:30pm ET / 12:00-1:00am UTC
Best for students based in the Asia Pacific who’d like to attend a morning of skill building, along with U.S.-based students, faculty, and staff who’d like to attend in the evening.
- Thursday, Feb. 18, from 9:00-10:30am PT / 10:00-11:30am MT / 11:00am-12:30pm CT / 12:00-1:30pm ET / 5:00-6:30pm UTC
Best for students based in Europe who’d like to attend an evening of skill building, along with U.S.-based students, faculty, and staff who’d like to attend during regular U.S. business hours.
The cryptoparty movement is a decentralized, grassroots movement dedicated to teaching everyone in the community how to take control of their digital privacy and security. Many people find tech issues overwhelming, but a cryptoparty brings participants together to learn from one another in relaxed, informal spaces. Instead of sifting through all the information on your own, DLINQ staff and interns are excited to offer this space for Middlebury students, faculty, and staff to come together to acquire skills, build fluency, create community, and dream better.