Faculty Tech Orientation
Step 2. Get Connected
How to "LINQ" up with technology
There are a lot of connections to be made at Middlebury; in this module, we are focused on technology-related connections like:
- Using Course Hub to integrate digital tools with your courses
- Joining the Wifi network
- Setting up a cloud file storage option
- Being able to print
- Accessing BannerWeb course and student information system
Connect to Your Courses
The Course Hub is a quick way to double-check that your course details (name, description, time, location) are correct. It also allows you to link to digital tools supported by Middlebury (course web sites, video galleries, document sharing folders, etc.) in one location so that they are easily found by your class.
If you are using a service that is not Hub-enabled you can add it as a Link Resource.
Connect to Wireless
The secure wireless network, "MiddleburyCollege," allows access to our e-mail system, file servers, and to the Internet. Connect using your Middlebury e-mail address and password. Refer to Step 1: Activate Your Credentials if you do not know this information.
- For configuration assistance, contact the Technology Helpdesk (College/Schools/Bread Loaf | Mills | Institute). If you are in another domestic location or outside of the US, please contact local support.
- Short-term visitors can quickly set up and use a "basic" guest account through the MiddleburyGuest network. Guests staying longer than four days or who need access to additional resources can create a full-featured guest account then connect to MiddleburyCollege.
- Some wireless devices must be registered for use on the MiddleburyGuest network.
Connect to File Storage
Middlebury supports a couple of tools for cloud hosted file storage that you can use with your classes and for administrative purposes: Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive and Apps for Edu. There is also Network Storage for Specialized Software Applications available.
Cloud-based file storage has multiple benefits:
- Secure password-protection and automatic backups of all files
- Collaborative document sharing and editing
- Access to files from any networked computer or device.
Connect to Printing
(Middlebury, VT Location)
Learn how to send a print job from on-campus lab computers or from your personal computer. All lab spaces have Windows computers unless an Apple icon follows the building and room number. Locations for computers, and software availability are listed here.
(Monterey, CA Location)
You can print wirelessly via your desktop or laptop to a staff printer on the network. First you must identify the location, model number, and IP address of the copier/printer. Please contact the Helpdesk with any questions regarding Campus Printers.
Click the buttons below for more information about printing and how to manage your printing account.
Connect to BannerWeb
BannerWeb is the primary administrative and student information system at Middlebury. Bannerweb is the data source for official student and course record-keeping where faculty:
- Obtain a list of students and e-mail addresses for each course taught
- View the web catalog to verify course information
- Record final grades for the registrar
Access BannerWeb: go.middlebury.edu/bw
Looking for Help?
Are you struggling with getting connected? Check out our troubleshooting guides for more.