While your email is important for many aspects of your work, the DLINQ Interns main team communication happens on Slack.
You should already have an invite to the DLINQ team in your email inbox. If not, reach out to the team and ask for an invite now (email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to request an invite).
If you’re new to Slack, we recommend a quick look at Slack’s Getting started for new members guide.
Set Up Your Slack Profile
- Use your preferred first and name
- Set your various profile facts
We try to set you up with a good starter set of channels, but you may wish to look around and subscribe to a few more.
Be mindful of your notification settings. Subscribe to what’s important and ignore what isn’t.
Take a moment to say hi, introduce yourself to the team. Here’s a few icebreakers we ask everyone.
- Start with “\@channel Hello everyone!” in #general
- Describe a favorite project.
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell us a few of your favorite topics to chat or debate.
- Is there something interesting or unique about you that you’d like to share?
Asking for Help
Feel free to ask any questions you may have specifically about the training in the #interns channel. Be sure to \@channel if you’re stuck and need a response sooner than later.