BEFORE THE MEETING
Name Plate Exercise
We will be sharing Name Plates as part of our introductions. Your Plate should include the following:
- First and last name that you like to be called
- Name spelled phonetically (how you would like it pronounced)
Please decorate your Name Plate with images that represent your interests. You may use digital tools (GDocs, Canva) or physical (paper, crayons). See the example:
Story About Your Name
Please be prepared to share a story about your name with your Plate. It can be a personal story, or a story about the name.
AT THE MEETING
- Please bring your Name Plates to the meeting, we will be sharing them as part of our introductions.
- Please be prepared to share a story about your name with your Plate. It can be a personal story, or a story about the name.
- DLINQ Internship, what does the work look like?
- How do we do our work? Nuts & Bolts
DISCUSSION: What is Digital Fluency?
“Middlebury’s Office of Digital Learning and Inquiry (DLINQ) explores and creates digital practices and spaces that advance the transformative potential of education in students’ lives, and advances digital fluency and critical engagement with the digital at Middlebury.”
To prepare for our discussion about digital fluency, please do the following:
- READ: Digital Fluency: Preparing Students to Create Big, Bold Problems.
- WATCH: The Post-Pandemic College: Trends, Opportunities, and Threats.
Think about the following prompts as you are reading: What inspired you? What new questions do you have? What topics would you like to explore as part of your internship?Introduction of first Team Inquiry – What does your Cyborg look like? Visualize your relationship to the digital.
AFTER THE MEETING
Introduce yourself in Slack in the
#general channel. We want to know who you are. Embrace the emoji. Here’s a few ideas:
@channel Hello everyone!
- Share your Name Plate.
- Have pets? Feel free to describe them with intense detail.
- Hobbies? Common or obscure, people love these.
- Favorite food!
Depending on who’s around and how busy they are, it may take a while to get some responses. Sometimes it’s a tide of jibber jabber, sometimes its a old western with a tumbleweed blowing by in the distance. Don’t take it personally if it’s a little quiet. Feel free to spend some time here responding to everyone.