Student data use (use link from service catalog)
Terms of Service
How Hypothes.is uses permissions in the Chrome extension
How students can remove their work from the tool at the end of the semester
Hypothes.is user data can be deleted at the request of the Middlebury account admin; the ability to remove data would depend on the signed agreement. Hypothes.is would be willing to include an addendum to a present or future signed agreement as needed.
How students can access and retain content contained in the tool
Because the API token isn’t immediately available in the LMS app, you need to pull it out of your browser’s data. You can do this with these steps:
- Log in to your LMS.
- Open your browser’s developer tools (Chrome instructions here).
- Select the “Network” tab.
- Open a Hypothesis Assignment or Module.
- In the Network tab, use the “Filter” field to search for “token”.
- Click on the “token” entity in the “Name” column and then click on the “Response” tab if not already selected.
- Filter the Network tab on the word “token”
- The API token is after “access_token”:. Save this string of numbers and letters.
To export all of your Hypothesis annotations, go to https://jonudell.info/h/facet/ and enter your Hypothesis username and API token (required for downloading private annotations). Click “Search” to see all of your annotations appear on the right side of the screen. Above your annotations, you can click one of three buttons to download your annotations in HTML, CSV, or plain text formats.