Middlebury Google Apps is a suite of web-based Google services such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more.
All Middlebury faculty, staff and students have access to Google Apps for EDU.
To log into your account:
- Visit https://drive.google.com/a/middlebury.edu
- You will be redirected to a Middlebury login page. Enter your Middlebury credentials (@middlebury.edu email address and password).
Google Apps for EDU is a great tool for creating, sharing, and storing different types of documents amongst classes, offices and departments, and colleagues.
It is integrated into Canvas, and Google Drive folders with specific permissions can also be provisioned through the Course Hub.
Available Google Apps
The following services are included in Middlebury Google Apps:
- Google Docs (similar to Word/Pages)
- Google Sheets (similar to Excel/Numbers)
- Google Slides (similar to PowerPoint/Keynote)
- Google Drive (similar to OneDrive)
- Google Groups
- Google Calendar
- Google Sites
- * Please note: Gmail is not available through Middlebury’s Google Apps license.
Personal vs. Middlebury Accounts
You can choose to maintain a separate account for your personal use of any Google services under a non-middlebury.edu address. If you have multiple Google accounts, the username that appears at the upper right corner of most Google services will help you ensure that you’re using the intended account. Your Middlebury account includes unlimited file storage, while personal accounts are limited to 10 GB of storage space.