This resource is specific to the Institute (MIIS).
For convenience and reduction of outdated media formats, Media Services @ MIIS can share media files (video and audio) recorded in classrooms with their equipment via Panopto. For example, in a class where student presentations are recorded and used instructionally for self, peer, and instructor feedback, Media Services can upload recordings to a shared Panopto class folder.
To link your course to a folder provisioned by Media Services so that you can upload and students can also view:
- If you haven’t already done so, activate your Panopto account by logging in at http://go.middlebury.edu/panopto
- Request a shared Panopto folder from Media Services by emailing mediaservices @miis.edu. In your request indicated your name, course name and term; e.g. TRLM 8688 Intro to Localization Spring 2018.
- Confirm that Media Services has provisioned a Panopto folder for your course and that you have Panopto “can create” access to the folder. The “can create” role means that you as an instructor can upload to the designated folder. You should have received an e-mail confirmation from Media Services when the folder was created, but you can also check this by logging into Panopto at http://go.middlebury.edu/panopto and locating the appropriate folder.
- Request the Panopto folder ID string from Media Services for the shared folder. The id of the folder is in the form “xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx” and can be found as the “folderID=” parameter in the URL to a Panopto folder.As an example, for this Panopto folder URL:https:// midd.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID=”b61c24ae-2dc2-4b07-8156-9bd6d7695bbc“&folderSets=3the ID is: b61c24ae-2dc2-4b07-8156-9bd6d7695bbc
- Next, add a Panopto Resource to your course. In Course Hub, click on the “Manage Resources” button in your semester dashboard OR the “Resources” link in the right sidebar of the hub site for a particular course
- Click on the “+ Add a Resource” button
- Choose “Panopto Resource”
- Scroll down and click “Connect to an Exsiting Panopto Resource”. A form entry box will appear.
- Copy and paste the unique folder ID you received from Media Services into the form entry box.
- Scroll down and click the “Save” button.