DLINQ has created a Canvas template that includes a starter learner support module, as well as a barebones module structure that you can use as a model for your course; you can even import the template into your course to use as a starting point for building out your course. The templates are aligned with the Middlebury Course Design rubric, so using the template means that you’ll have a head start on aligning your course with the rubric!
The template needs to be imported early in the course design process, before you start creating your content (otherwise, you may overwrite your content). Once you create your empty Canvas course in Course Hub, your next step is to import the template. Templates are available in the Canvas Commons.
To import the Middlebury College/Institute template into your course:
- In your Canvas course, click the “Import from Commons” button in the right-hand menu. This takes you to the Canvas Commons interface.
- In the search bar, type in Middlebury
- In the search results you’ll see a course called Middlebury COllege/institute Fall 2020 template. Click that link.
- Click the blue “Import/download” button
- Type your course name into the course search box and select your course from the results.
- Click the “Import into Courses” button
- Go to your course and you should see the template now in your course. (If not, wait a few minutes and then go to your course again.)
If you prefer to watch the process, this brief video shows how to import a template into a Canvas course.